Prospective PhD students
We currently have open PhD positions in the lab and are accepting applications from candidates for fall 2023. Start times can be flexible and could also be right away. In this case, we seek applications from enthusiastic individuals who are strongly motivated to do their PhD-studies in the area of Big Data, Data Fusion and Marine Robotics. The advertised positions will be funded within the EU project CREXDATA (Critical Action Planning over Extreme-Scale Data). Within this project, successful candidates will be involved in the Maritime Use Case.
We’re looking forward to applications from strong candidates whose backgrounds overlap with:
- Software engineering: distributed systems, autonomous systems, real-time data analysis, online systems, robotics
- Data science & AI: big data analysis, prediction and inference, applied machine learning for large datasets, time series forecasting
- IOT: embedded systems, sensors, digital signal processing, sea going systems
As a PhD student, you are expected to devote most of your time to your doctoral studies, particularly (specifically within the research project CREXDATA). Your work may also include teaching or other departmental duties. For the majority of your time, you are required to be available at the Lab in Syros.
We invite applications from outstanding individuals with an MSc (or equivalent) in any field relevant to the project, that is, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Artificial Intelligence. To be eligible for the position, you have a Master’s degree or have an Integrated master.
If you’re interested in working with us, please apply here, including:
- Your background (see the list above, mention your skills, how you’ve demonstrated them in your projects, and how they relate to our projects).
- A short research statement (≤ 1 page on what you’d work on, your goals, and ambitions).
- An updated CV.
- Name and contact of two references for your application.